You are allowed to change your name on Clash of Clans for the first time for free. After that, you will need gems to change your name again. You can unlock name change in Clash of Clans when your Town Hall reaches level 5.
Why it is important to have your unique name. it distinguishes you from other players and flies the title you want to be known of. You can also answer names that will scare any player that’s thinking of attacking you. But the fact is, how can you change your name in Clash of Clans?
So, assuming you have reached Town Hall level 5 and want to change your name, you can follow the steps below to change to a suitable name.
How to Change Your Name for the First Time in Clash of Clans
Follow the steps below to change your name after reaching Town Hall level 5.
- While in the game, navigate to Settings by tapping on the cog icon shown on the right-bottom edge of the screen while overseeing your village.
- A menu will appear where you can alter the game settings like sound, music, etc. Locate the “More Settings.” It is at the lower-right edge of the window.
- Tap on it to see the “Change Name” at the upper section of your screen. Click on the button seen in the right section to start the change of name process. For the first time, changing of name is free.
- Here, type in the unique name you want to be known within the game. Once done, hit the “Confirm” tap to have it fixed as your name.
- Tap on “Okay” to effect the name change.
These are just the steps to change your name in Clash of Clans. Note that there are some guidelines to follow when changing your name in Clash of Clans. Clash of Clans doesn’t permit their players to use special characters in their names.
These include characters like emojis and symbols or even swear words. With the supercell enforcement in the game, special characters can be changed into anything. So, review your name properly before you hit the confirm button.
Name Changes After the First Time
So, the steps above are to change your name for the free first time. Now, you have a new name you want to answer to inspire your teammates. Changing your name for the second time will cost you some gems.
Gems required to change your name from the second one to any lent are as follows:
- To have a second name change will cost you 500 gems.
- To change your name for the third name change, you supply 1,000 gems.
- On the fourth change of name, you pay 1,500 gems.
Your name changes and the gems required will continue to multiply from 500 gems to a maximum of 10,000 gems. Note that your new name can not be changed for the first seven days before you can have it replaced.
Let’s assume you don’t have enough gems to continue with your change of name. there are some steps you can follow to earn more gems. But these steps are not easy.
So, let’s look at how to get more gems to change your name in Clash of Clans.
How to get the necessary gems to change your name?
At first, you may not have enough gems and the only available means to get gems immediately is to buy them from the store. Follow the steps below to buy gems from the in-game store.
- Launch Clash of Clans and go to the gem’s aspect seen in the upper-right edge of the screen.
- Tap the “+” sign there and see the gems and their cost listed there.
- Select the amount of gem you want and can pay for. Now use the payment system method you have. This can be either Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, Link GCash, or even Globe Telecom billing.
- Hit the “buy” button to complete the buying of the gem. Now you have gems to change your name.
So, what if you don’t have any real money to spend on gems? You can also earn gems for free.
Here are the means you can earn free gems to change your name.
How To Get Gems for Free
You can earn gems when you clear the obstacles in the maps. Although, you will need gold to clear these obstacles in the maps. But you will be rewarded with gems.
There are always new obstacles on the map every four hours. So, assuming you clear all the obstacles when they spawn, you will earn 40 gems from the 12 obstacles cleared. You can clear 21 obstacles in a week, which means more gems to earn within that week.
You can also complete achievements in the game to earn more gems. Achievements reward you with gems when you complete any objective.
You can complete objectives by winning battles, gathering gold, and leveling up the buildings. There are many rewards attached to achievements alongside gems.
It is possible to earn up to 8,500 gems when you complete all the available objectives. Note that we have three levels of achievements in Clash of Clans. Each level has its amount of gems. The more level you complete, the more gems you earn.
Achievements That Give More Gems
Here are achievements that will earn you more gems and you need to focus on completing them.
- Sweet Victory – when you complete Sweet Victory objectives, you will be rewarded with 1,250 trophies with 450 gems. Sweet Victory is an objective based on winning multiplayer battles.
- Unbreakable – when you fight brutally and defend against attackers. Fighting off about 1,000 attackers grants you 250 gems and you have to donate 25,000 reinforcements.
- League All-star – This is when you advance through the Clash of Clans League. You will earn 250 gems in the Crystal League. While the Master division grants you 1,000 gems. When you make it to the champion, you earn 2,000 gems.
- War Hero – Fight in War Battles to obtain stars for your clan. 1,000 stars for your clan gives you 1,000 gems.
- Spoils of War – You can earn gold when you receive bonuses from Clan Wars. To receive 1,000 gems, you will need to earn 100 million gold.
- Firefighter – when you destroy enemies Inferno Towers up to 5,000 towers will reward you with 1,000 gems.
These rewards can be collected as you move along the ladder of achievement. No need to wait for them all to accumulate.
Utilizing Your Gem Box
You also earn free gems when you carry out daily tasks. 25 Gems are stored in your gem box and can be received gems every new week.
Building and Upgrading the Gem Mine
To earn bigger gems weekly, you can upgrade your gem box. This option will add to the gems you have already saved to change your name.
Difficult To Change Your Name in Clash of Clans
If you think that carrying out the above processes will be too cumbersome for you, you can try another way to change your name on Clash of Clans. You can change your name by writing to the Clash of Clans company.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch your game and go to the Settings menu again.
- Click on the “Help and Support” button.
- Hit the search icon to open the contact us page.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Contact Us” button. You will be led to your phone email app.
- Type in a message here stating why you need to change your name.
- In conclusion, use “Thank you very much,” and hit send to send it off.
After this, your name will be changed in 10 days via the support team. This method is free of charge.